If you have teeth that have become damaged or decayed, our orthodontists and team may recommend a dental crown! A dental crown helps restore the tooth and you’ll be back to rocking a full, glorious smile in no time. Give us a ring at (225) 926-4133 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Thuy Nguyen and associates to get dental crowns in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Bayou Braces and Dentistry has got your back!
Dental crowns, also known as dental caps, are a type of restoration used to restore teeth that have sustained significant damage or decay. A crown is custom made to fit an injured tooth perfectly, covering the entire visible portion of the tooth to fully restore its shape, size and function. Dental crowns are typically recommended to:
- Restore a tooth when it is damaged beyond what a filling can repair
- Protect a tooth after a root canal
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge
- Cover a dental implant to finish replacing a missing tooth
- Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weak
- Support a tooth with a large filling and little remaining natural tooth structure
Dental crowns typically take two appointments to complete. During the first appointment, impressions will be taken and the tooth prepared to receive the crown. A temporary crown will be placed to protect the tooth until the final crown is completed. At the second appointment, our orthodontists will check that the crown fits properly before bonding it into place.
For more information about dental crowns and to schedule a consultation, contact our office today!